Celebrate the LIVE UNITED award winners and enter for your chance to WIN $5,000!
2022 Victory Celebration Recap:
United Way of Paducah-McCracken County Hosts Victory Celebration and Announces More than $2 Million in Regional Impact
United Way of Paducah-McCracken County held their annual Victory Celebration at Walker Hall Event Center on Thursday, June 16. Victory Celebration is a partnership with the Fred Paxton Challenge for Charities and is presented by Swift & Staley, Inc.
The Victory Celebration included the excitement of a jackpot raffle with a mission focused message and award ceremony. Betsy Burkeen, United Way of Paducah-McCracken County Chief Executive Officer (CEO), announced more than two million dollars in impact to the region for the 2021-2022 fiscal year which ended March 31, 2022. These dollars provided direct services in the areas of education, income and health and helped fund programs for 13 local partner agencies. This also includes specific disaster relief funds that were designated to help the counties impacted by the December 10th tornados.
United Way funds were collected through workplace campaigns, community donations, disaster relief contributions, in-kind donations and endowment funds through the Fred Paxton Challenge for Charities and the Community Foundation of West Kentucky.
Annual awards were presented to honor individuals and organizations that have directly impacted the community through their partnership and dedication to the United Way. Awards winners are:
- Overall Campaign of the Year – Computer Services, Inc.
- Largest Campaign Increase – City of Paducah
- New Supporter of the Year – Housing Authority of Paducah
- LIVE UNITED Corporate Partnership – Baird Private Wealth Management
- LIVE UNITED Small Business Partnership – Walker Hall Event Center - David & Linda Curtis, owners
- LIVE UNITED Nonprofit of the Year – Washington Street Baptist Church
- Samuel S. Sloan Employee Campaign Coordinator of the Year – McKenzie Huskey, City of Paducah
- Ladd Mathis Lifetime Achievement Award – Caroline Korte, Paducah Bank
- LIVE UNITED Impact Award, Education – Geco Ross, Paducah Middle School
- LIVE UNITED Impact Award, Income – Ashley Miller, Lifeline Recovery Center
- LIVE UNITED Impact Award, Health – Pastor Raynaldo Henderson, Washington Street Baptist Church
- LIVE UNITED Impact Award, Youth – Addison Allen, McCracken County High School Graduate
- Outgoing Board of Directors – Brandon Hall, Four Rivers Nuclear Partnership; Maegan Mansfield, Bacon Farmer Workman Engineering & Testing, Inc.; Vicki Morgan, Progress Rail and Bill Pinkston, Denton Law Firm
Swift & Staley representative Amanda Scott assisted with the jackpot drawing that was broadcast live on the United Way of Paducah-McCracken County and WPSD Local 6 Facebook pages and on the WPSD Local 6 noon newscast. Whitney Riley was drawn as the winner of the jackpot raffle grand prize of $5,000.
Outgoing board president Sherry Wessel, general manager of Harrah’s Metropolis, shared highlights from the 2021-2022 campaign year and officially passed the gavel to incoming board president Lesley Owen, partner with Keuler, Kelly, Hutchins, Blankenship & Sigler, PLLC. United Way CEO Betsy Burkeen presented Sherry Wessel with a Kentucky Colonel award in honor of her distinguished service.
Proceeds from this event will be used to serve the community by improving conditions in education, income and health. For more information visit unitedwaypaducah.org or call 270-442-1691.
Charitable Gaming License Number ORG0002165
Click here to view pictures of the 2022 Victory Celebration
Click here to view pictures of the 2021 Victory Celebration
Click here to view pictures of the 2019 Jackpot Elimination Dinner
2021 Board President Sherry Wessel accepts the gavel from 2020 Board President Maegan Mansfield